Wednesday 2 December 2009

A film a night..

Well, I try to watch a film a night seen as I have a few hours to spare most evenings. One film recently that struck me was 4 months, 3 weeks & 2 days. I haven't watched a film as gritty as this for a while.

From the off, the setting of 2 women in a room with one camera taking in the action, set in a grey, drim looking building, set the tone for the film. What was more surprising was the fact this film had no score(even though the trailer has music)and no music at all.

This was done surely to enhance the directors view and to make the film more realistic, which I believe it was. The acting was fantastic and the scenes felt real and edgy without music permeating the scene as most of us expect. This was a good example of music not being needed to enhance the directors vision, something which I think has to be rare as I feel music helps convey certain emotions that tie in with that is happening on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment