Sunday 8 November 2009

Progress? Maybe.

I have been thinking and worrying, more of the latter, about my dissertation subject more and more, and the idea of doing music in film, as my previous entry suggests, is something I really want to pursue for many reasons.

I have now been thinking of comparing and contrasting the use of an original music score against a compiled soundtrack, and the effect this could have on how the film is percieved. I could also look into the relationship the director has with the composer or curator? of the soundtrack.

My interest in films has stretched back years, but in the past few years I have begun to notice more and more how much of an impact the use of music can make in cinema.

Last year(3rd year)I undertook a project aimed at finding out how effective the music in Alfred Hitchcock's films were. Below is a sample of the music that I find utterly fascinating when paired with certain scenes in the film Psycho:



Within the next two days, my decision on what to do my project on WILL be final.

No comments:

Post a Comment